Art ♦ Painting ♦ Cooking ♦ Crochet ♦ Knitting ♦ Fashion ♦ Crafting ♦ Photography ♦ Humor ♦ Family






Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Free Form Fun...

... here's a little piece, a follow up really, or an addition to my recent post on Free Form study & a video by Milliande.  I had a lot of fun stepping out the box and doing a Mixed Media piece.  This type of study really gets my creative juices going! I used magazine paper, ink, acrylic paint, pencils, silver pen, & stamps.
I stared at the scribble...


and stared some more...until I saw this figure, this form...
then from there...
I created this paper piece in pencil & ink, using a brush with water to shadow with ink.
The fish is actually a portion of the scribble located on the page.
then ...
I scanned and digitally colored...
then to canvas...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=301057004288
"Sharks!"
(Listed on Ebay Here)
Hum... does Jaws still loom in my subconscious mind? haha
Kind of fun to see the progression of creation isn't it?!
I hope you try it, even if you aren't an artist, it will
be relaxing and put in you another world for a little while.
I don't work very often in mixed media & collage.
I had forgotten how fun it could be!  I covered the canvas in
random ripped magazine papers, painted, scraped, stamped, colored, & pasted.
I started another piece on canvas but haven't finished it or
enough of it to show you a picture. I will tell you that
there are cactus in it and now I am obsessing over cactus.
So stay tuned!
Click Here to see my previous post & Milliande's video. 
 
Wishing you a New Year full of creativity, peace & love!
 
 
 

StumbleUpon.com

1 comment:

storybeader said...

it's so fun to see the evolution! And the piece is beautiful. It reminds me of a stamp, for some reason... Happy New Year {:-Deb