Art ♦ Painting ♦ Cooking ♦ Crochet ♦ Knitting ♦ Fashion ♦ Crafting ♦ Photography ♦ Humor ♦ Family






Saturday, November 1, 2014

On My Easel...

... I've had this drawn out for some time.  He looks like my little Bubbie.  I kept the piece at the front of the pile, often picking it up, then putting it down. (I say front of the pile because it was a stack, then the stack fell over and now they are all in a row like a library drawer- yes I have work to do!)  Feeling afraid to "ruin" it because I liked the drawing & planned to paint on white, using a built up of lots of thin layers, which is something a little new for me. This is the first layer.

Postcard size, acrylic on paper

I have been having fun doing these little ACEOs when I can get in the studio and paint. Doing a small pieces that I can get through in a short amount of time. Using vintage fabric & acrylics these girls came to life. I call them all "Love is Like a Pretty Blanket". I am debating on whether to sew on them as well and just might try it while I have all of my sewing machines out.
 Snuggles.

 




Create a Great Day!

StumbleUpon.com

1 comment:

Vicki said...

I love these. I too am having trouble getting to the studio and am also painting ACEOs due to time constraints. At least it lets my creativity out.