Art ♦ Painting ♦ Cooking ♦ Crochet ♦ Knitting ♦ Fashion ♦ Crafting ♦ Photography ♦ Humor ♦ Family






Monday, November 9, 2009

A Simple Project to Share...

I made these Prayer Tile Trivets 6 or 7 years ago, as you can tell from the wear & tear on them! They are looking pretty awful, not sure why I didn't just throw them out last year,*pack rat*, so I thought I would make some new ones before Thanksgiving. My back is better but not 100%, so my hubby took me to the pharmacy for more back creme & Thanksgiving paper napkins to make some new trivets. I was really disappointed that the only Thanksgiving napkins they had were of extremely ugly turkeys. Hopefully I can find something better before Thanksgiving. If not, I may try printing a picture onto some tissue paper that may work just as well. I'm sure you could use a magazine picture or other paper, however, it just would be as flat. I am thinking I am going to use a piece of recycled wood instead of a tile. I am going to paint & distress the wood before applying the picture. They come in so handy with all the hot plates & dishes at dinner. To make one you simply pull the napkin layers apart leaving just the printed image that you want to adhere on your tile or piece of wood. Glue image to tile & let completely dry. Then you can antique, paint or whatever you'd like. Then over the top of it all write the prayer with permanent marker or paint pen, then spray with acrylic or coat over with Mod Podge. This would be a great project to do with kids as well. I didn't write the prayer that is on my tiles. I'm sorry I don't know who wrote it but I can bet whomever wrote it wouldn't mind me or you using it. It reads:
Our Heavenly Father,
Please bless the bounty that has been prepared before us. Bless those who are with us today and those who are not. Thank you Lord for all the many blessings that you have so graciously bestowed upon us. Thank you for giving your life so that we may have life. Father bless those who are less fortunate. Bless our children for they are our future, and bless our elders for they are our history. For all these things we ask in your holy name.
Amen

StumbleUpon.com

4 comments:

Jaime Haney said...

This is a great project. I love it when you give out creative ideas :)

post pics of the new ones you make...

Ramblin Mama said...

Wow! I had forgotten all about this craft! My mom made these trivets many eyars ago (She's been gone for over 14 years, now.)Thanks for calling my attention to them once again. I may make some up for "cousin gifts" this year!

Just stopped in to say "Hi" as part of my effort to check in on all who follow my blog. This is fun making sure I'm up to date with all my blogger friends.

Gotta run as I want to make up a batch of your tomato jam. Sounds great!

Ann's ART said...

I love your paintings!! I stumbled upon your blog, and am impressed. I am putting together a collaborative folk art calendar with 12 folk artists. I have one or two spots left. If you are interested, email me at agardner999@msn.com I will send you the info

Unknown said...

"Folk Art by Campbell Jane" has been included in this weeks A Sunday Drive. I hope this helps to attract even more new visitors (not to mention customers!) here.

http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2009/11/sunday-drive_15.html