Art ♦ Painting ♦ Cooking ♦ Crochet ♦ Knitting ♦ Fashion ♦ Crafting ♦ Photography ♦ Humor ♦ Family






Tuesday, September 17, 2013

I Couldn't Cut It...

...the designer jackets that is.  I purchased 2 beautiful designer blazer/jackets; a Ralph Lauren & a Calvin Klein with full intentions of cutting into them to reconstruct them into awesome steampunk creations with bussles and all but I couldn't do it. I'd pick up the scissors and then chicken out.  One was brand new never worn and the other was in pristine condition. They are a little too tight for me. boo So I listed them for the outrageously low price I bought them for.  If you'd like check them out click HERE
I have been unable to sit for long but when I am I have been embroidering, sewing, crocheting & knitting. I love these cuffs. I made one for me then thought I would share them. I plan to take a few to the wineries I am surrounded by & maybe a few to the shops that I have things in.

I made these with the delicious yarn I bought in a beautiful yarn shop in San Francisco.
I love the colors, all of my favorites, and they remind me of the wine country.  The yarn is 70% Merino wool & 30% silk so it feels really good to work with and feels really good on. I have some pretty lavender yarn & I may do some in lavender too, what do ya think?
I have been having fun making quilted embroidered coasters which started as a birthday present for a friend & Christmas presents. Yep I have started on Christmas! Have you? I made a few for my place and I love how they look so I listed some in my Etsy Shenanagans shop. The Sashiko Embroidered black coasters are the ones I made for my hubby and I have sold a few sets already! I have also sold a set of musical notes which I made for my guys.
I have to say that I really love the gypsy rose cowgirl boots & of course you know me & hot peppers! I plan on making a set of 8 of those for my hot & spicy dinner parties!
They make great gifts so I plan on doing a Giveaway and will post it in the next week or so. I'll figure it out. Let me know if you think that's a good idea and any pointers on doing a Giveaway would be a great help.
 
Create a great day! 
 
 
 

StumbleUpon.com

2 comments:

GlorV1 said...

Hi CJ. Hope you are doing well. I'm getting better from this frigging cough but now my husband has it. Love your cuffs and all your work that you have going. You've been a busy lady. Have a wonderful day. I'm starting to cough, so I better go.:)gloria

GlorV1 said...

Oh, I forgot. Thank you for the well wishes, I appreciate it.:)