Art ♦ Painting ♦ Cooking ♦ Crochet ♦ Knitting ♦ Fashion ♦ Crafting ♦ Photography ♦ Humor ♦ Family






Saturday, August 9, 2014

Work In Progress...

...I finally picked up a brush. I attempted to finish a what I thought would be a beautiful portrait of a woman today. Hubby and I had a good laugh as I kept ruining her and ruining her.

As I started to wash up and call it "one of those" days, then I saw Him, (she had further transformed - no pictures - no words, hahaha) then she no longer existed. I'm not sure how He will turn out but I believe I am keeping the base color scheme. One side of the canvas purple & reds lit with light, for power & royalty. The other side, greens, blues & yellow for renewal, growth & His Light...
  
www.campbelljane.etsy.com
Thanks to my Followers who are still following and for stopping by! I know I have been neglecting my blog, "my happy place", a lot more than I should.  Someone I love is & has been fighting for their life so it has been very difficult as of late to paint. I will start pieces and not finish them. I have been drawing and working on some embroidery designs to digitize and doing some zentangles thanks to my sister's persistent encouragement. I should share some of them in my shops ...soon, but mostly I have been pacifying myself with yarn, thread & fabric, it's my comfort food, my soul food.  My BFF gave me an embroidery design for tea light holders, the battery operated kind, so I have been having fun making those.  Honestly, I didn't really like them at first but I was just looking at the picture, then after I sewed one out, I was hooked. In person they are so  much cuter!  Ok so some of you will know what you are getting for Christmas or what you will be getting when you come & visit.  I'm making a set for outside on the patio.  I have a concrete block wall around the patio and when I have a party I put real tea lights in glass holders all over the wall.  It's really pretty but it's a pain lighting all the candles and then making sure they are all out. I think these will be great for that. Combining a portion of the original design I am able to create any design I want as a tea light holder, well most.  I did list them to sell because they are so different and make great gifts.  If I get lots of orders I won't be able to make them all myself but I do have a person that will help.  Depending on the design each can take 15 - 30 minutes to sew out and I can't wait to get a little battery tea light in them as soon as they are finished!  Click on the Live Bold light below to see more.
www.shenanagans.etsy.com

StumbleUpon.com

No comments: