Art ♦ Painting ♦ Cooking ♦ Crochet ♦ Knitting ♦ Fashion ♦ Crafting ♦ Photography ♦ Humor ♦ Family






Saturday, November 15, 2008

Did I do that? I Can't Remember...


I was given a new blog award! Thank you Kim! Be sure to check out her wonderful blog and folk art! I will give a list of my nominees to pass it along on my next post. It's hard because I love so many!

My best friends' daughter Lauren finally has her SAG card (Screen Actor's Guild) and can start getting speaking parts now. I was very excited to see her in Kath & Kim which aired on Thursday night! If you watch the last episode look out for my beautiful shopper in the electronics store scene. She is also going to be on Saving Grace when the season begins and that's one of my favorite shows! Lauren is so pretty & sweet on the outside as well as inside and I'm super proud of her. Congratulations Lauren!

I made the salsa with cactus and if I say so myself it was good! It's all gone already! I used 1 jar of Dona Maria Napalitos drained, 1 seeded habanero pepper, 1 clove of garlic, approx 1/3 of a yellow onion, the juice of 2 small limes & 2 tbsp of white vinegar and a pinch of salt. Blended it all together. My limes were a little dry so I popped them in the microwave for about 10 seconds. It made a little over 1 C. It was medium to hot but didn't leave you burning, just burning for more! LOL I think it would be really tasty with serrano peppers too. I will definitely be making this again!

I have been so absent minded lately it's starting to scare me. Is it Alzheimer's setting in? Is it because my husband's home now and upsetting my routine? My mind on too many things? Too many brain cells killed from Grey Goose in Long Beach last week? Whatever it is I have got to get a grip, buckle down, and start making lists to stay on track. I forgot I volunteered a meeting at my own house next Saturday, I am misplacing everything, I mailed a Bee Happy Zine to England without the envelope. That one caused a panic attack! I think I'd lose my head right now if it wasn't attached.
I haven't painted in a few weeks but will be painting tonight! I am looking forward to it. Jim is playing with the Spotted Dogs and I will have the house to myself. I am going to finish up an angel painting that I am working on, put together 3 Bee Happy Zine cards that are sold for mailing and maybe work a little on my gallery paintings. My Bee Happy Zine Cards apparently were on the front page of Etsy while I was in Long Beach. I would have loved to see that. I need to take a better photos! Coz ya never know do ya?

My adorable grandbaby had his picture in the Sacramento Parent Magazine this week! He has the sweetest spirit. He rarely cries, and is all smiles and ooos and awwwwws. I am running out to get a copy...page 31!

StumbleUpon.com

1 comment:

Deborah Lambson said...

Fun blog! and no worries, absent mindedness is a sign of creativity. :-)