Art ♦ Painting ♦ Cooking ♦ Crochet ♦ Knitting ♦ Fashion ♦ Crafting ♦ Photography ♦ Humor ♦ Family






Friday, June 11, 2010

Just Off The Easel...

I just completed these 4 pieces for the Marco Fuoco Gallery's Animal & Environmental Show. These are painted doodles done in acrylic & ink. The top 2 are remakes of old folk art paintings I did in the past that I think are fun. The bottom 2 were done specifically for the show in protest, disgust and sorrow due to the current oil disaster. To me it's not a "spill" and it infuriates me when the media calls it a "spill". Ok I won't get started, work myself up, then start crying again. I actually started crying when I was painting the flamingos. They get their beautiful color from the shrimp & planktin, I painted them black and I painted the pink part in their bodies to reflect their emptiness, as well as mine.

I will be selling prints of these in my Etsy Shop. If I say so myself these are so cute in frames. I dropped them off at the gallery this morning and once put into frames I almost wanted to take them back home! LOL

Big Shout Out goes to "Whatshername" for featuring my new mermaid doodle in her very cool Etsy Treasury!

StumbleUpon.com

7 comments:

Niki said...

Awww, the flamingo painting makes me sad. I get so upset when I see video all of the poor oil-covered birds. My heart goes out to them. If I could afford to take time off work I would be down there helping in a heartbeat! Great paintings btw. I hope the show goes well for you!

GlorV1 said...

I saw beautiful turtles today that were being cleaned. Oh my goodness what is going to happen?? It is very sad. Your paintings are awesome and they do tell the story. Have a great show. Take care.

sandy petals said...

Your paintings are awesome! I want to cry every time I think about the birds and other animals hurt or killed by the disaster. Thanks for telling the truth through your art.

storybeader said...

I have a hard time talking about it too - it's so so sad...

I wish you well at the show.

Tj Lev said...

Jana I saw your paintings when I dropped of my Crow Blues painting. Although the subject is terrible, your paintings are wonderful and they did look awesome framed! I hope the show went well, I couldn't make it this month. Be well! Tj.

Vicki said...

These are adorable paintings. I share your heartbreak at the oil disaster. I ranted about it and then deleted it all because this is your blog not mine. Thank you for painting the poor gray flamingos.

Campbell Jane said...

Thanks.
Rants are welcomed! This event effects everyone from everywhere.