Art ♦ Painting ♦ Cooking ♦ Crochet ♦ Knitting ♦ Fashion ♦ Crafting ♦ Photography ♦ Humor ♦ Family






Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Another One...

...but not exactly like the other one. I started over. Started a new painting for the Bee show. While I like the piece I started already (click here to see), there was just didn't seem to be emotion that I wanted and enough vintage feel to her. So rather than re-do her I decided to start another. I will be finishing the first one and selling her in the future but she won't be for the Bee show.
I am feeling better about this new one so far. What do you think? She looks more vintage and has a lot more emotion. Kind of a combination of pity, sadness, sweet compassion & love. I kept thinking she reminded me of someone as she was taking shape last night but I couldn't put my finger on it. This morning while I worked on her a little more the memory hit me! It was the summer I moved from "Fun Sun City" aka Mrytle Beach, SC to the middle of nowhere, the Mojave Desert, CA aka "Hell". Oh yes I know I wasn't fun to be around. Before I met friends I would stay up until the wee hours of the morning watching old movies, then sleep all day laying out in the sun. Remember those days? To this day American In Paris remains one of my favorite movies. I don't even know how many times I watched it, that summer or in my life, I own that one. Another movie I loved too was Damn Yankees. I'd sing along with Gwen Verdon "Whatever Lola wants, Lola gets"! then it would be stuck in my head. Geez I probably drove my parents crazy. Now it might be stuck in your head too! haha When I decided to tell this little story today I couldn't remember her name, so I looked her up and lo & behold there was a picture of her on the cover of Time magazine looking almost like my Angel! I don't know what year this was from.
BTW For those of you that don't think musicals are real life, you should stay with me for a few days. Busting out in song & dance around here happens all the time!


StumbleUpon.com

5 comments:

Julie Fillo said...

Hi Jane,
I do love the emotion in this one, she really looks like angel. Love the pretty flowers in her hair and it is uncanny how much it looks like that mag cover.
Thank you for your nice comments on my blog.

Julie

Thought Bubble Ten said...

Lovely art - colors, expression, style come together well in your own unique way. Every time I see beautiful art, I want to start drawing too.

Anonymous said...

Wow....I bet if I gave you my half finished crossword puzzle books you could complete them. I haven't the slightest clue when it comes to musicals!!!

Love the painting though. It does have a great vintage feel to it. BTW, your link isn't put in so I couldn't see the other work!

granmamimi said...

I just love this new hat lady!
her expression is wonderful..I am really getting attracted to these new paintings!
Blessings,
Mimi

ReneeBuchananArt said...

I think you hit the nail on the head with this one. She does look contemplative, even a little sad. Of course, I LOVE all of your work anyway!

Renee :)