Art ♦ Painting ♦ Cooking ♦ Crochet ♦ Knitting ♦ Fashion ♦ Crafting ♦ Photography ♦ Humor ♦ Family






Wednesday, February 13, 2013

LoVe LoVe LoVe

Happy Valentine's Day!
 
Know you are Loved!

 
"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."
This piece is on a 5 x7 canvas panel. I didn't start with a black canvas which is so different for me. Somehow my brain sees inside out when I'm painting, if that makes any sense. The black or outlines on most of my paintings is where I didn't put paint.   I have been having fun experimenting with very thin washes of acrylic paint, using them more like watercolors than oils.  I have tried using watercolors countless times just to destroy a piece of good paper & make a mess.  Using a canvas & acrylic paint, if I mess up or don't like something,  I know I can start all over again, I suppose that's comforting in a way, no pressure.  I am planning to do a new video in the next week or so!
 

StumbleUpon.com

No comments: