Art ♦ Painting ♦ Cooking ♦ Crochet ♦ Knitting ♦ Fashion ♦ Crafting ♦ Photography ♦ Humor ♦ Family






Thursday, April 24, 2014

My First!...

...Oval canvas.  I have always avoided ovals of any sort, and triangles for that matter. I'm a circle or a square person.  Wonder what that means? There must be some sort of personality test in regards to that out there somewhere. Do you like certain shapes over others or is it just me? Well I did some drawings in ovals (the bears) and ovals have been on my mind since.  I decided to get some canvas and give it a try.  I have to say I think I'm hooked!  I listed this one on Ebay and I have another in the works.
Blessings! Create a great day!

StumbleUpon.com

2 comments:

Jaime Haney said...

Oh she is beautiful! I love the oval shape. I've never really thought about it before but I think it kinda depends on my mood and maybe intent.

To me, straight lines are more modern and contemporary and masculine while curves, circles and ovals are more traditional and feminine.

You have got such a way with painting mouths. I have never seen you paint a bad one and that for me is one of the trickiest parts of the face.

Where did you find the oval canvas? I've not seen them for sale anywhere. I think the oval shaped canvas looks just perfect for your angels!

Have a beautiful day Jana!

xo xo Jaime

Campbell Jane said...

Thanks so much Jaime! You are so sweet! Kissable lips. hahaha
I bought 2 oval canvases on Ebay at a good price. I have seen them at Aaron Bros, Michaels & the art supply store but always pass them by. Now I want more but before I spend the $, I'll see how these sell. Have a great day!