Art ♦ Painting ♦ Cooking ♦ Crochet ♦ Knitting ♦ Fashion ♦ Crafting ♦ Photography ♦ Humor ♦ Family






Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Peas Be With You...

 
http://www.countryliving.com/recipefinder/english-pea-salad-recipe-clv0314#ixzz2sgCb0KOT
I love peas!
My Mom sent me a Country Living magazine in her last package, knowing how much I love magazines.  It is so difficult for me to throw them away. I gradually cancelled all of my subscriptions. I have pretty much cured myself of the hoarding of them by cutting them up before I throw them away. So now I have boxes of garden pictures, funny pictures, animal pictures, etc... which is great for doing those "one of these days" collages. I love cutting up paper too. It's a wonder I don't do more collage than I do. Last night I made this piece while watching The Voice, then promptly put it in the can. (proud of myself haha) I may not have a magazine addiction now,  but Pinterest is it's replacement! I think I am going to challenge myself to do it again, make a collage from the next magazine I have, on the spot, spur of the moment, spontaneously creating it then letting it go...  
English Pea Salad Recipe by Country Living
2 large hard-boiled eggs, whites chopped and yolks crumbled      
1 (1/2 cup) yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
2 ounce(s) (1/2 cup) Cheddar cheese, shredded       
1/2 cup(s) mayonnaise
1/2 cup(s) sour cream
3 tablespoon(s) dried basil
2 tablespoon(s) finely chopped red onion
2 teaspoon(s) chopped pimiento
1 teaspoon(s) apple-cider vinegar
1 teaspoon(s) sugar
1 teaspoon(s) soul-food seasoning or seasoned salt
1 teaspoon(s) granulated garlic
\ 1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly ground pepper
2 dash(es) hot sauce
60 ounce(s) (four 15-ounce cans) early peas (such as Le Sueur), drained

In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except the peas, mixing well. Then stir in the peas. Refrigerate the salad for at least 10 hours or up to overnight. Serve at room temperature.
 

StumbleUpon.com

No comments: