Art ♦ Painting ♦ Cooking ♦ Crochet ♦ Knitting ♦ Fashion ♦ Crafting ♦ Photography ♦ Humor ♦ Family






Friday, January 16, 2009

Sleepless Thinking About Seattle

The Seattle Art Museum is presenting a collection of Edward Hopper's Women through March 1, 2009. He is one of my favorite artists and Chop Suey is one of my favorite paintings. Chop Suey takes me to Chinatown in San Francisco and reminds me of a wonderful day with spent with my mother. I took her to my favorite dim sum restaurant. She had never had dim sum and we had so much fun that day. When I look at the painting I actually get the feeling I had when I was there. There is plenty of art that reminds you of something or makes you remember a place or time, but few make you actually feel it. A couple more of my favorites of his are Automat and Drug Store. Drug Store makes me smile when I see it. He must have had a good sense of humor because of the Ex-Lax painted on the window. Oh how I'd love to go to Seattle to see the exhibit. Seattle is one of my favorite cities and seeing one of my favorite artist's work while there...Wow would that be an awesome trip for me! I thought about it before drifting off to sleep last night. I even had thoughts of returning to life in cubicle so I would have the money to go...oh wait maybe that was a nightmare...haha

Edward Hopper, Chop Suey, 1929. Oil on canvas, 32 X 38 in. Collection of Barney A. Ebsworth.
Photo curtesy of www.artdaily.org

StumbleUpon.com

No comments: