Art ♦ Painting ♦ Cooking ♦ Crochet ♦ Knitting ♦ Fashion ♦ Crafting ♦ Photography ♦ Humor ♦ Family






Friday, December 5, 2008

A Few Things I Forgot I Was Thankful For...


... Jeans & self tanning products. I think the Devil made panty hose. I can't tell you how much I hate the thought of putting on a pair. Just the thought creeps me out now. Back in the day, while working my way up the ladder, I added it up once and determined I spent approx $1000 on them one year. I wouldn't wear the cheap ones that really feel creepy and crunchy. It doesn't matter what they cost they all run. Even the ones that say they won't run do or get holes. Mandatory suits, Dress to Impress seminars, getting your "colors" analyzed and high heels, pearls & pumps. Ugh. How did I do it? Most companies are business casual now or have dress down days on Fridays. I don't know what happened or remember when it all changed I just know I was thankful when it did. Now I hardly have anything to wear that doesn't have paint on it and I am perfectly happy and comfortable with that! But I have to go shopping for something nice for the gallery show. I hate shopping. I know I have said that before and I'll probably say it again. One of my Swell Sisters suggested we wear a cocktail dress and I was the first to scream with terror in my voice NOOOOOOO! Whatever I wear there won't be panty hose underneath. Many kudos for those of you that endure them.

StumbleUpon.com

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

pantyhose are indeed an evil invention!

Anonymous said...

In southern California, I rarely wear hose! I enjoy your work and reading your blog. I constantly struggle with the type of work I do. My husband's culture, native american imagery or just abstract. I admire yours