Art ♦ Painting ♦ Cooking ♦ Crochet ♦ Knitting ♦ Fashion ♦ Crafting ♦ Photography ♦ Humor ♦ Family






Thursday, December 4, 2008

What's A Girl To Do?

Tonight is the last big Swell Sister meeting before the show. I am finishing up my donation pieces which we are calling "Little Treasures" that are due tonight. The proceeds will be going to the Women's Wisdom Project of the Sacramento Food Bank. I painted these on 5 x 5 recycled wood. I am debating on whether to get the glitter out & glue mass quantities to the sides of the wood for something different. I have fallen in love with glitter. I used to think it was cheap and slutty. haha (see previous post) Nice glitter, however, is now costly.
I just listed 2 pieces on Etsy today. One is "Angel in My Rose Garden" on 11 x 14 canvas panel and the other is on 5 x 5 recycled wood with sides painted called "Good Morning".


I am picking up my Pink Aura Angel from Tangent Gallery today. Another SS that was also in the show told me that none of the art sold. This was surprising. There was some fantastic art on display. Gallery vs selling online... As a full-time artist I can't afford to have a lot of original paintings in galleries at the moment. Hanging there waiting for the right person to happen to walk into the gallery and happen to like my art and buy it. I have to sell online and I love it. I get to meet people from all over the world and the wonderful emails I get everyday are priceless. I love the gallery experience too. So what's a girl to do?! I am trying to build up a portfolio of originals for the galleries because I have been approached by several more galleries *very honored* but it's hard to resist the urge to list them online to make ends meet. I am selling prints on Etsy & Ebay of them though. If only there was more time in a day! Next week I will be able to concentrate more on painting originals to sell online. Prints are great but it doesn't compare to owning the original. Everything will be pretty much taken care of for the Dec 13th show on Saturday after I drop off my pieces. I will be listing the Pink Aura Angel for sale on Etsy or Ebay or I may even decide to keep it for myself because I really like it, however, none of my art actually matches my home decor. Surprised? From my art you would think that my home would be full of contemporary pieces (which I love) but on the contrary it's rustic, woodsy, cabin like, warm and a bit masculine. There are some originals that are hard to let go of, a little piece of you goes with them, however, judging from the wonderful buyers & collectors that I have met so far, I think all mine live in happy homes!

StumbleUpon.com

No comments: