Art ♦ Painting ♦ Cooking ♦ Crochet ♦ Knitting ♦ Fashion ♦ Crafting ♦ Photography ♦ Humor ♦ Family






Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Let it Snow!


Told ya I'd say it again......I hate shopping! I am on a mission now. I pretty much know what I am shopping for and that is actually a good feeling. It's when I don't know what I'm buying, running down the isles, with my eyes wide and crazy on Christmas Eve that I really hate. So I talked myself out of going out today and instead I packaged gifts to mail to my family in South Carolina. I love flat rate boxes! It is cold today too! Jim was headed to Walmart to buy wood pellets so he even mailed them for me. We have a pellet stove in our fire place and pretty much heat our house with it throughout the winter. A bag of pellets cost approx $6 and lasts for 2 or 3 days. This year the pellets are plentiful but last year they were hard to find. People were buying them up like crazy because the news media said that the supply was low. If the media says something is running out then people run and gobble it all up which makes it worse. Remember the rice several months ago? The news said we may get snow tonight in this case I hope they are right. Our regular heater may come on because it's cold cold cold out there! It does kick on if the stove it's keeping it warm enough. I live just below the snow line, 9 miles up the mountain in Placerville there is always snow but we've only had it snow at my house only handful of times in the last 13 years. It's always exciting but never lasts long enough. This picture I took in January while Jim was taking the chains off my car. We were on our way back from Lake Tahoe. I'm looking forward to a snow day!

StumbleUpon.com

2 comments:

eastcoastlife said...

Wow! That's a lovely photo you took.

I live on a sunny island where it's summer all year round. It will never snow in Singapore. hehe....

That tree must be a hundred years old?

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

Hope you get your snow day :)