Art ♦ Painting ♦ Cooking ♦ Crochet ♦ Knitting ♦ Fashion ♦ Crafting ♦ Photography ♦ Humor ♦ Family






Thursday, May 14, 2009

I've Got The Fever?

Maybe spring fever has been my problem lately for the lack of painting I have been getting accomplished? Maybe but I've been painting this week and it feels good. I have lots of new paintings in the works and surprise! they are not all Angels!


I have been hearing about Artfire so much that I have decided to list my new little sprout paintings there and give it a try. If there are any of you out there that sell on Artfire I would really like to hear from you.

These little paintings were inspired by my new sprouts that I grew from seed. Yes you heard right. I did it. Now if I can remember to water them... Sandypetals shared with me the easiest way to start seeds. You put some soil in plastic ziplock bags, zip them up and in a few days WA LA! Sprouts. I carefully transferred mine into some old plastic 6 packs that I had. I really wish I had saved more of these. My house sits on 1/3 of an acre which is way too much for my gardening ability. I have lots of room for plants and I am really motivated now. Maybe I can do this! I just started some more yesterday, lime green zinnias, if they are as pretty as the picture I am going to love them!
I'm going back into my studio then later I'm off to Sacramento for a Swell Sister meeting. I've missed the last few and it will be nice to see all my "sisters" and get a good shot in the arm. They are all inspiring, interesting, creative, artistic, talented & supportive women.

StumbleUpon.com

4 comments:

MagicMarkingsArt said...

love your work, and i am interested about artfire as well. can you post how it works out for you? i will follow, not only because your blog is delightful, but in hopes for artfire updates....no stress though :)
cheers

found your blog through etsy forum

Unknown said...

I love the colors, they are beautiful and very original!

Thank you for sharing!
Hugs
AV

sandy petals said...

Your little sprouts look great. Green and painted. I am glad they have come up for you.

storybeader said...

I've never put seeds in a plastic bag, but it makes sense! And your two paintings are very nice. I have an artfire shop - haven't sold anything, but that doesn't mean you won't. Artfire is a lot like Etsy... walks you through setting up a shop and uploading items. You might want to check into it.