Art ♦ Painting ♦ Cooking ♦ Crochet ♦ Knitting ♦ Fashion ♦ Crafting ♦ Photography ♦ Humor ♦ Family






Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Watch Out For That Step It's a Doozie!

Remember Ned... Ned Ryerson. "Needlenose Ned" "Ned the Head" from the movie Groundhog day? (Stephen Tobolowsky) "Watch out for that step! It's a doozie!" hahaha My hubby used to get so aggravated when I'd want to watch that movie again. He can't grasp why I would want to when the whole movie is nearly the same thing over & over. I love that movie though. He rarely watches a movie twice. I thought of it today as I almost took a tumble at the grocery store. Of course I looked around to see if anyone saw me. I'm sure someone did but I didn't hear anyone laughing. Thankfully I didn't throw my back out, so far so good anyway. Darn flip flops that I live in. Many times I watch a movie over again to notice the set/props/decor, or the lighting , or to pay more attention to costumes, or the camera man/angels or for the sheer pleasure of escape. I watched the movie Gattaca last night. I am surprised that I had passed that one over for so long. It was really different and I loved the costumes and set. I enjoyed it but it's not one I would watch a bunch of times even though Jude Law is easy on the eyes.


I have been painting with oils. It's been a while. In the past I always painted with oils, then decided to give acrylics a try. At first I didn't like them but I have grown to love the convenience of their fast drying quality. I have 2 days to complete them to submit them for the Marco Fuoco Gallery show in June. Here is a little one that I am working on.

I have gotten all the names of my wonderful Followers written down with my crazy pen and I'm getting ready to cut them all out. My little JJ is coming over tomorrow. I think I am going to let him be the master of ceremonies & do the drawing! Stay tuned it could be you!


StumbleUpon.com

1 comment:

Poetic Artist said...

I just found your blog and I think your work. Is great..Glad I found you.
Katelen