Art ♦ Painting ♦ Cooking ♦ Crochet ♦ Knitting ♦ Fashion ♦ Crafting ♦ Photography ♦ Humor ♦ Family






Saturday, May 15, 2010

She Shops She Scores!...

... at the $5 sale at the local Thrift Store! I LOVE this clay bottle & clay leaf candle holders. I was so excited I didn't even clean them (has candle wax stuck on them), I just put them in the window to take a picture so you can see. She was $5 and the candle holders were $1.50. I picked up this file cabinet & painted it with a periwinkle blue paint that I bought & never used. I'm going to fill it with ivy & dianthus. Hubby cut the drawer fronts down after this picture was taken and I'll probably give it another coat of paint.

I got these 2 chairs for $5 ea. I painted the circle with the same blue but I don't like it. I think I'll be painting the chairs purple or orange. They cheer up this empty spot where I had painted a grapevine on the fence years ago. I was going to have hubby cut a hole in the seat to sink a planter in but I decided against it. Might need to sit on them one day. I planted lupine seeds all around them which should look pretty if they grow. I don't have a picture but hubby nailed holes in an old wheelbarrow and I planted lettuce around the edges and swiss chard in the middle. My yard is way too big for my garden abilities but I'm going to give it another try. Try doing it in containers. I'm inspired. I like the idea of filling it up with reuse/recycled usual planters, the trick is doing that without it looking junky... I also scored 2 Revereware pots for $1 and an Aunt Martha's Sassy Squirel transfer for $.50. I love those pesky little critters. In my spare time *wink*, or at night when I'm watching a program, I plan to embroidery some kitchen towels. I've got bears, bees, clay women, wine, leaves...why not some squirrels too?! It's all woodsy & things that make me happy.
I did get in a bit of trouble spending too much money on plants :) Hopefully I'll have a few sales to make up for it. Although May so far has been very slow. But hey it doesn't happen often! In fact I pulled out my big envelope full of seed packets the other day. They were all dated 2003! hahaha We've all had a good laugh over that. I will post some pictures after I get everything planted & pretty. I am going to paint some more rocks too. I have a few & they look so cute nestled in plants here & there. Now that I have more plants...
Make it a great day!

StumbleUpon.com

3 comments:

GlorV1 said...

That's great Campbell Jane. Those were great finds. I like that you are sounding very enthused and raring to go on setting up your outside area. That's always so much fun. It's more fun utilizing it. Have a great weekend.

Cynthia said...

You scored BIG! Nothing more fun than that! I love the clay bottle,and the chairs were a great find! Enjoy!

Trixiefishstabber said...

Love thriftshopping, great scores. TF