Art ♦ Painting ♦ Cooking ♦ Crochet ♦ Knitting ♦ Fashion ♦ Crafting ♦ Photography ♦ Humor ♦ Family






Friday, March 13, 2009

Oh If You Could Hear Me Today...

... I sound like a sexy drag queen! LOL I called my son today and the kid that answered the phone said to him "I think it might be your mom but I'm not sure..." LOL I got it and it's awful. Coughing feels like razor blades in my chest. Ouch. Today I am feeling a little better but I was hoping I'd feel a lot better. I wanted to go to a life drawing session with a live model this morning. I didn't make it. I told my mom yesterday that I wanted to go. She asked if it was a male model. I told her yes. She said with a spark in her voice " Oh you'll be better! You'll be better tomorrow!" So honestly I think my mom will be more disappointed that I didn't go than I am. hahaha She's funny.

If you know me, you know I can't just sit and do nothing, so while I've been tangled in a blanket, with my pj's on, bare faced, hair barely brushed, in a recliner with tv tray by my side, I did lots of sketches and managed to make an easy crochet scarf. I'm not really crazy about the yarn. I probably should have used it for slippers instead but whatever. A scarf that normally would take me maybe 2 hours took 3 times that. I would pick it up, put it down, pick it up... It's just 5 rows of triple crochet & approx 2 yards long. It actually looks much better than the picture shows though.
When I have some energy back *zapped* I am going to be working on a few collage pieces on paper to submit for a gallery show in April. The theme will deal with the perils the news paper industry/print media are up against. I thought that was an interesting theme and I have a few ideas in my head. I don't do many pieces on paper so this will be a fun project. April is a busy month for me, lots of birthdays. My wedding anniversary is also in April and I whined the other day about how long it's been since we went to San Francisco, so my husband and I decided to go there for a couple of days for our anniversary. I can't wait. Maybe I'll wear my new scarf!

StumbleUpon.com

No comments: