Art ♦ Painting ♦ Cooking ♦ Crochet ♦ Knitting ♦ Fashion ♦ Crafting ♦ Photography ♦ Humor ♦ Family






Saturday, August 2, 2008

Needles & A Movie

Ok I'm hooked! (very funny, groan) I can't stop knitting and crocheting! I know I should be painting but I can't put down the needles! I keep dragging out yarn I haven't seen for ages. Remember the picture of my coffee table while doing the altered art? Well it's full of yarn now! Everyday I think ok today's the day I'll put it away but I don't! I'm just zoning out with the air conditioner on! I knitted another little earflap hat for my grandson this morning, one that is tiny, he could wear it now til Christmas I would imagine. I also made a fun funky coffee cup cuff and listed it on Etsy. Looks like a sea anemome, it's really something different. I'm also hooked on those. I love using mine! My husband went and got us Peet's coffee this morning and enjoyed using it. It works so much better than the thin cardboard sleeves. I also use it on my ice water glass and it doesn't get all sweaty.


My husband is playing another gig tonight, so as soon as he left I grabbed the remote. Clicked off the baseball game and surfed my way through the guide until I came across Pretty Woman. Seriously! I think I've seen that movie no less than 100 times and guess what I watched again. I know every bit of dialog! I don't know what it is about that movie but it's irresistable. I had probably watched it 10 times before my young son pointed out that the hotel sign in the beginning of the movie where she lives had only the letters H & O lit up! Oh and the bottoms of her feet are dirty just after she gets out of the bath & jumps on the bed! I had never noticed! haha Overboard is irresistable as well & is a silly goofy movie but whenever it's on I have to watch it! I love the scene when they bring home clothes from the thrift store and she says "I was short, fat & and slut?!" hahaha Oh and Groundhog Day! My husband who rarely re-watches a movie once asked me how could I watch that movie over and over when the movie is basically the same thing over and over! I don't know but I think it's funny! After watching it a few times I'll admit I had to try sweet vermouth on the rocks! hahaha It's not bad but certainly wouldn't be my favorite drink! I do like romantic comedies but I also enjoy foreign movies, dramas, action, etc... I just don't like scary cut'em up evil movies. I had seen Shall We Dance, the Japanese version, and then they came out with the American version. I thought geez! Can't Hollywood come up with something different? They have to steal foreign films now! I think they did ok with it, however, No Reservations I thought was awful! I loved the foreign version, a bit darker, a bit more real. I thought Zita-Jones totally ruined it. She was so unbelievable in that role, it disgusted me to watch her in it, in fact most of her roles, she tends to overact in my opinion. So I was really disappointed when I watched that one. Another movie I can't resist watching that I've seen numerous times is The Birdcage and it still makes me laugh! So I'm gonna put on another movie I've watched already, grab my needles and enjoy the house to myself tonight!

StumbleUpon.com

5 comments:

rkdsign88 said...

Lovely & cute knits. Fun, you have another fun hobby & talents :)

Sunny Bower Art Studio said...

Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful grandson!! I just saw the picture. How wonderful : ) How's he doing now? i pray everything will be just fine with his blood tests. Love and God bless,
-Sunny.

JEN ZONE said...

Totally terrifically wild coffee snug.

Adorable soft and sweet and warm baby hat.

You are a wealthy woman.

-jenj

Anonymous said...

"Slippery little suckers", one of the good lines from Pretty Woman--I can't ever resist watching it either...

Best wishes to your new grandson JJ...such exciting news. Healthy wishes to him today and everyday...

Waterrose said...

Your cup holder is very cool. I can't stop watching Pretty Woman either...I love the line..."I'm a by the seat of my pants girl..."