Art ♦ Painting ♦ Cooking ♦ Crochet ♦ Knitting ♦ Fashion ♦ Crafting ♦ Photography ♦ Humor ♦ Family






Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Making the Cut

Well today's painting adventure didn't go so well. Yesterday actually because it's after midnight now. I ended up painting CRAP! in bright yellow paint across the canvas and walking away! I think it was Picasso that said it took him a lifetime to paint like a child. Well I guess I have got some more living to do! haha I tried painting a horse, just a little horse, even tried copying it from the pattern the kids had picked out, it was ridiculous! I couldn't do it! I will paint them something more in my style, still barnyard stuff but more in my style. I could imagine the horrified look on their faces when they unwrapped that as a gift if I had kept on going! I think it would be best to be me anyway. So instead I spent the rest of the day organizing my studio room. It looked like a craft bomb went off in there.
After Jim got home we had about an hour before his band showed up. The band he is lead vocals in, not plays the drums in. They were trying out new bass players. 3 of them showed up. I don't know if they found what they were looking for ..if someone made the cut ( I couldn't resist that one) because he was so tired he went straight up to bed. While they were playing I was on the back patio cutting hair! An "Emo" hair cut! Long in the back & on the sides, short on top, long bangs in the front, then bleached it white around the face & sides. I had my doubts about it at first but I must admit that it looks fantastic on her! Ah to be that young! If I were I'd probably be sportin' Emo hair too! Someone made a post on Etsy tonight - how long is your hair? That has to be one of the oddest posts I've seen yet, but hey people were posting, me included. Oh yeah I did. Also odd. Why would someone care or want to know what stranger's hair looked like, if they were going to donate it, etc., etc... My hair is below my waist, I just had it cut too. It's blond & white. White, pure white, that's my gray, I think I am blessed that way, just looks like highlights, and it's straight as a board, holds a curl for about an hour. So now everybody knows & occasionally Miss Clairol too!

StumbleUpon.com

No comments: