Art ♦ Painting ♦ Cooking ♦ Crochet ♦ Knitting ♦ Fashion ♦ Crafting ♦ Photography ♦ Humor ♦ Family






Saturday, June 21, 2008

They Say It's Your Birthday!

Ok ! I can't quit using bits & pieces of songs for my titles! They just seem to fit. Today was my birthday. No celebration with the family. I had my own celebration. I ate onion rings for breakfast! That's it, just onion rings and boy were they good! I haven't had onion rings in at least 3 yrs or more.
My car hit the asphalt at 8:45am. I picked up my oldest son & we were off to Rohnert Park. It was a baby shower for him & his girlfriend given by her family. It was a sweet shower & I met lots of nice people. The drive was nice. Going through Napa, Sonoma & Petaluma I noticed how many more acres of grapes had been planted since my last drive through. He didn't ride home with me and the drive back was completely quiet except for the hum of the air conditioner. At one point I could hardly keep my eyes open. Don't you hate that?! I had 2 glasses of Chardonnay at the shower. Well it was my birthday ! Chardonnay casked in oak always gives me a headache. I am so glad that a lot vintners are now using stainless steel which makes it fruitier and easier to drink. It tasted like it was casked in older oak which was a good thing or I'd really be suffering right now. That's what they were serving and I just couldn't resist after passing all the vines along the way. It was tempting being free as a bird for the evening to stop & taste something or browse through Napa or Petaluma but I didn't, just headed back to Sacramento. Petaluma is the coolest town, really a gem, I just love going there and everytime I do I have a great time. http://www.visitpetaluma.com/ It was just too hot outside! My husband played a gig & my youngest son went to San Francisco so it was a quiet day & evening.

StumbleUpon.com

1 comment:

ReneeBuchananArt said...

Happy late birthday! I love that you indulged in onion rings for breakfast. That is the best treat I've ever heard of!